TOWN HALL AND BOARD ROOM
Originally constructed around 1910, the Town Hall located at 207 West Commerce Street was originally purposed for a doctor's office and later a candy factory. Sometime in the 1970's due to major neglect and deterioration, the Town of Hobgood purchased the building and it underwent a substantial renovation to accommodate the Town Office and municipal facilities as well as the Hobgood Volunteer Fire Department. In the late 1980's, the Hobgood Volunteer Fire Department had their own building constructed on land that Hobgood purchased from the Atlantic Coastline Railroad and then gave to the Fire Department. The land that the Hobgood Volunteer Fire Department occupies now was originally where the old Hobgood Train Depot was located. The Hobgood Town Hall once again underwent another renovation that transformed the old Fire Department location into the new Board Room which is located adjacent to the Clerk's Office at 209 West Commerce Street.